Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Artfest 2011!!! Game Time Class

My second Artfest class to show you is the Game Time chess board class. There were two fabulous women in the class - Jennifer Lynch and Inez Gray. Because our class size was so small, we got to have a fun day of creating and getting to know each other. These two really gave me more than they'll ever know.

Here's Jennifer hard at work on cutting the chess board squares. Our class ran a little long, and Jennifer had to get packed up quickly to go have some fun at the tulip festival. Jennifer was such fun to have in class and worked really hard on her piece. I wasn't able to snap a picture of her final piece, but I'll ask Jennifer to send me one so I can share her lovely game!

Jennifer also creates pottery at a local studio, and I was lucky enough to get not just one, but two of her awesome ceramic buttons. You can have some of Jennifer's work too! --> Check out Jennifer's Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/lynch to see her yummy pieces!

And now I'd like you to meet Inez Gray. I'm pretty much in awe of this woman. She runs not one, but two salons in Seattle (http://www.habitude.com/) and has more than 100 employees. Yes, I typed that right... more than 100! On top of that, this busy lady has three children! It was really inspring to talk with Inez. She's such a well grounded soul. Ok, back to class... Inez found the most adorable gnome contact paper and made a really fabulous nature themed board. Inez usually works in tin to create her artwork and said that collaging was new to her. I think she's a natural, and I can't wait to see what she does with what she learned. (P.S. to Inez - I heard lots of great comments about your piece at the Show & Tell!)
I was so blessed to have Jennifer and Inez as a part of my teaching journey. Thank you both!

2 comments:

  1. this is awesome Shelly! i saw Inez's piece at show & tell and it did look great! fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great chess set! love those buttons, too!

    ReplyDelete