Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My next victim... I mean next project

Mr. Thrift Store Owl is all gessoed and waiting for his upgrade. Now I'm just trying to figure out what I can try on this one that's new for me. Maybe use some fabric? Maybe a new kind of painting technique? I really love his feathers, so I'd like to think of something that still lets the pattern show through. What I DO know is that he needs a crown of some sort! Every respectable thrift store owl needs his crown.

Any suggestions for Mr. Owl?

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I wonder if watercolor would work on this. Remember the book I showed you from artfest? It was just water color on top of gesso. It's especially fun if there is some texture in the gesso. Just a thought. :) You could do all kinds of things with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OoooooOO... I do remember, and I haven't tried watercolor over gesso before. Mr. Owl got painted black at lunch (before I saw your comment), but that doesn't mean I can't gesso up something else around here and try it! Goodness, nothing is safe around here these days. :)

    ReplyDelete