Saturday, August 8, 2009

I've been waiting...

And waiting and waiting to show you what this big black board turned into! And here it is! There are a few finishing touches (including attaching it to the wall), but I just couldn't wait any longer to show you my "little" project. It's four feet wide by four feet tall, and it weighs about 40 pounds. The last touch planned for the moment is to put these cute little white knobs all along the front of the bottom board. There's been a slight delay while we hunt for longer screws.
It was a lot of work, but in the end, I think it was worth it!

5 comments:

  1. Shelly, thanks for stopping by my blog. Always love it when I meet a new friend. Your chalkboard is fantastic. As my son says, Go Big or Go Home. I turned my long, kitchen pantry closet into a chalkboard years ago and it continues to be one of family and guests favorite thing in the house. Keep smiling. Sea Witch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! What a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this!!! i have a container of chalkboard paint that i have been waiting to use on.... something, i don't know what...

    the framing is incredible, too, i love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is too cute! Love your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have a container of chalkboard paint that i have been waiting to use on..

    Domain registration india

    ReplyDelete