Thursday, July 5, 2012

The View From Here

Hope you had a great 4th of July!  We had fun with friends on the 3rd and then fun with family and friends on the 4th.  We survived our four days without air conditioning.  It really wasn't bad for us because we're lucky enough to have power and an RV with AC to retreat to.
 I spent the daytime hours of the 4th cleaning my studio so I can tackle some unfinished projects.  (Yes, sissy Sarah - I am going to try to work on your son's train!)  AND, hubby put up the blinds, so now I'm not blinded by the sunshine while trying to work.
 Here's the view from my desk.  I get to see artwork by my art friends Michelle Allen, Regina Lord, Pamela Huntington, Roc Nicolas, and Syd McCutcheon
 This painting is coming along.  I still have a ways to go with the details, but I'm falling in love with it.  P.S.  If you don't already have some, you need some Dr. Ph. Martin's bombay india inks.  They're very fun for drawing and dripping!

5 comments:

  1. devouring studio photo! SO COOL!!!! Bright & Happy - a perfect Shelly place! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. your studio looks so amazing...and clean! love how your painting is coming along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your studio photos are so inspiring...very airy and beautiful. I love your painting. Its beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AMAZING photos! LOVE your space girl painting SO MUCH! Maybe make some prints of those? Eh? Eh? (nudge, nudge)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your studio pics. looks like the most amazing & inspiring place a girl could ask for. :)
    i am also loving your new blog banner. very cool!!! xoxo-m

    ReplyDelete