Sunday, August 8, 2010

A message to me + you

Greeting Card Design

I'd be fibbing if I told you I wasn't a little stressed about the art fair preparations. So many projects going on at the same time, but none of them finished. I'm trying to keep my wits about me and remind myself to just keep moving ahead. In the past, I've let myself be paralyzed by huge projects, and then I found myself rushing at the end to get it all done. I've been trying to tackle all of the art fair work at a pretty steady pace, but it still feels like a lot. Whenever I felt the urge to run away from it, I just find at least one manageable task to do that keeps me moving forward towards my goal. Here's how my brain works now:

Me in panic: Feel frustrated about a creative-type project?
Me in response: Stuff greeting cards in envelopes or some other mindless task that has to be done.

Me in panic: Back aching because I've been bent over a project for too many hours?
Me in response: Sit on the couch and doodle in the art fair coloring book I'm working on.

Me in panic: Completely out of ideas?
Me in response: Look through sketchbook for five minutes and get inspired.

Me in panic: Want to run away or just take a nap to ignore the huge pile of work?
Me in reponse: Walk in art room and pick just one small thing to do. One small thing leads to working on twelve things, and voila, work gets done!

As long as I'm moving forward, I'm pretty sure it's all going to turn out in the end.

Five days left and counting... Back to work! :)

1 comment:

  1. wonderful self talk!! you can do it!!! you are the only one who knows just how much work you intended to do, you are the only one you can let down!!! : D

    ReplyDelete