Monday, June 14, 2010

deMenged!

Michael de Meng's deMented toys class was fabulous! It's pretty amazing what he can teach you to do with paint. For example... 1 baby doll head + plastic dinosaur + octopus toy + other miscellaneous pieces/parts = She's not quite finished, but I'm sure you can get the idea. Here's what she looked like before paint.And really, where else is cutting off doll heads encouraged? Thanks for a really fun time Michael!

And a BIG THANKS to Ginny and John Smallenburg of Small Studio Productions for putting on the event. They made all of us in the class feel right at home!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, that looks FUN! It's amazing how much the piece is transformed with the addition of paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that looked like a blast to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what an interesting and fun project you have here!!!

    I love your blog, the background is amazing!!!

    I love the art all over your blog and I'm so glad to have stopped by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK Shelly...you made my heart skip a beat here...this piece is...wow!!WaRmest Regards,Cat

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..I just adore this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really creepy BUT amazing! Although, I think it'd make me jump every morning if I woke up looking at it. Yeeeeshk!! - Love your art. - Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like you had great fun torturing dolls!! very creative way to get all your links together too, we have to outsmart blogger!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool in a creepy de Meng kind of way. You did a great job on this. I have never taken a class with him, and it's crazy how the paint changes it so much. Glad you had fun.
    And thanks for the recent comment, & no worries on the print...I'll love it no matter when it comes. Enjoy your summertime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is stunning, I just love this. Can't get enough of creepy dolls!

    ReplyDelete