No, not a facelift for me, you sillies! (This is me cracking myself up this morning trying to take a photo of myself. Oh my goodness, I am so ridiculously bad at that.)website - www.aweebitwarped.com! Ok, yes, I know it's only half done (there's supposed to be more stuff on the right side where that big gaping white space is screaming at me. BUT, I just was so much happier with how this version was going that I decided to publish it anyway. Me and patience... not so much. My website and I are finally getting along though.
If I can manage it, the eventual vision for the website is to provide a spot for giving away some free digital stuff - collage sheets, starter journal pages, idea sheets, etc. AND (gulp) to maybe share some videos if I can figure that part out. AND (no gulp this time), I'm planning to add a little guest book so you can say HI if you want to.
- Today is Harper's last day of preschool. I swear we were running so far behind schedule this morning that we almost didn't make it. We were running out the door, and Harper asked me if she could put her shoes on. Yep, that kind of morning.
- We bought six huge boxes of oatmeal at Costco yesterday. That's 330 packs of oatmeal. This house cannot function without oatmeal. (I warned you this was random stuff, right?)
- We had an alarm system installed at the house. My husband's idea. (Ummm... like I needed one more thing to remember?) I guarantee that I will be the first person to set the thing off.
- I have a very busy June coming up. I'm in denial about it.
- I need a haircut. Really, really. I've become one of those long hair flickers... always flicking my hair out of my face, off my neck, etc. Annoying.
- I'm putting judgemental people, politicians (of all persuasions), and negativity on my list of pet peeves. And mosquitos. And running out of ice cream. And ok, I'll stop before I have to put pet peeves on my pet peeves list.
- OoOOOOOO... I ordered some new art supplies from Dick Blick yesterday. Some colors of Pan Pastels that I've wanted for a while, some Copic pens (the fine line kind, sort of like Micron pens), some other Copic pens that I'm super excited about that look like fountain pens with the metal old school ink dipper tips but they have the ink inside the barrel (please be as awesome as I hope you will be little pens), a Caran D'Ache Neocolor II set of water soluble "crayons" (they should have found a simpler name for those little guys), some Sharpie extra fine point water soluble white paint markers and glue sticks for my Art & Soul students, and finally, some Bombay India inks.
P.S. Don't even try to steal all those lucious Dick Blick goodies off of my doorstep because I'm pretty sure the new alarm system has a super fancy setting with laser beams or something for art supply protection. Plus I plan to go sit on my doorstep starting right now to wait for the delivery.