Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Wrong Address, Return to Sender

Lately I've been seeing a lot of blog posts about taking time to rest.  I woke up this morning thinking about all of the things I have on my plate and wondered which I should start with.  And then while having my tea, I saw another post about taking time to rest.  Maybe if I were someone else, I'd take the fact that all those REST messages keep showing up as some kind of sign.  BUT, for me, that's just not the messages I need right now.  When I see messages to rest, I think, gee, maybe I should, but in fact, I kind of want to yell, "BUT I'M NOT TIRED!  I DON'T WANT TO REST" like my preschooler might yell.

For me, springtime is a time of energy and doing a zillion things.  It doesn't seem to be bothering me that we're looking for a new car (a small SUV to haul stuff... YAY!), contracting for a large concrete pad with retaining wall beside our house, planning Harper's birthday party, making and addressing wedding invitations for our nephew, remodeling upstairs, working on two custom art orders, OH, and then there's the full time job and of course, Harper.  [Edited to add:  I should note here that I get more stuff done because I rarely really clean house or do laundry. We're going to have someone come to clean the house starting next week.  YAY!  And I have a mother-in-law who watches Harper during the day while I work and when we need to do stuff.  And I work from home, so I get back time in the mornings, lunch times, and evenings.]  We do rest, but I guess we just take our rest in small doses - a morning cup of tea, a movie on TV in the evening.  And that seems to be working for us right now.  GO MASSEYS!

Ok, time for some journaling doodles...




13 comments:

  1. you always make me giggle. isn't rest for sissys anyway? haha honestly, you do amaze me with how much you get done given all that is on your plate. i always feel like such a slacker. perhaps i need a course in time management. LOVE your doodles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am positive that you do not need a course in time management. Just don't do laundry or clean house. Ever. That will free up lots of time! LOL HUGS!!

      Delete
  2. Wow! You have a busy life! ;-) You know, I´ve been thinking about that you should design an alphabet or three and upload as a font, and sell. I´m a total fan of your handwriting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not as crazy as it sounds all written out like that. We manage to just relax plenty. Thanks for the nice comment about my handwriting. Great idea for the font... I've been thinking about rubber/acrylic stamps. I'd have to figure out how that whole font creating thing works, but I'm sure there's something on the internet to tell me how.

      Delete
  3. loved the part about rarely cleaning! haha! sounds like you have a full good life. love your journal pages girl!!! yes, i agree about your handwriting as a font. rubber stamps of your art would be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my friends in particular likes to joke that I am a mom who can "do it all." Of course, that isn't true. I am a mom who chooses to do it all EXCEPT clean her house, exercise and eat healthy meals. Which is why I am as big as a house. Hey, something's gotta give, right?

    My word for this year is "breathe" because I really am TRYING to take a moment every now and then to stop and smell the roses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your doodles. they always make me smile, smile, smile! and you know, I keep seeing the same thing...heck I'm kinda doing it. Not doing PC for a bit, just going to enjoy the next few months, be creative, work in the garden...switch gears and see what direction I want to go in.

    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. do you make your own journals what type of paper do you use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim! I do make my own journals. A few of them have Fabriano Artistico watercolor hot press (smooth) 140 lb paper in them, but my favorite ones (including my current doodle journal) just have white cardstock from Staples. It doesn't bleed through easily and seems to work great for me.

      Delete
  7. I love your journaling! I can see how your brain works ;)
    It makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I to love the part about rarely cleaning, i am looking for someone to come and help me out in the cleaning dept, i need more time for me, and I am retired

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Loved the post but I gotta clean! I cant function if something is out of place which leads to NO Rest for me and April March are time for energy!!!:O) I too read those Blogs of taking time off and resting and think but I dont want to stop Blogging or go away from my computer! I know when to get off:O) Have a great day and Thanks for sharing and LOVE the journal pages amazing!

    ReplyDelete