Thursday, April 26, 2012

Life Lately

My creative life has been under seige by a mountain of not-so-creative activities - house cleaning, upheaving the entire upstairs for new carpet (see photo below- who knew new carpet would be so disruptive or so much messier than I thought), finishing wedding invitations (less creative than you might imagine), and of course work. 

I did squeeze in a few creative things.  I made birthday invites for Harper's party (we invited the preschooler girls to a painting party... WOOHOO!), and started some custom orders for friends.

Carpet installation - Thank goodness that's over.

It's a party!  Harper's getting excited.

Never again will I do wedding invites.  Ok, maybe for Harper someday.  Maybe.

Having fun playing on a custom piece for a friend.

And of course, work.
I hope things settle down soon so I can have more happy art adventures up in the studio!

10 comments:

  1. Those bday invites are adorable. Yes, I could see wedding invitations becoming very repetitive. Three monitors!? You are so hard-core! You put my two monitors to shame :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lorinda! Oh, and those three monitors just mean there's more work to do...which doesn't feel very hard core from here! :) Take care!

      Delete
  2. Those birthday invites are so cute! And the custom piece you're making looks like it's coming along really well (you can't go wrong with a cuppa...or 5). As for the carpet refitting, I sympathise. We've just come out of a bedroom renovation. Messy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carin! And oh my goodness, that carpet thing sounded like no big deal when we decided to do it. Hours of furniture moving later and lots of little messes... I'm just glad it's almost over. They have to come back to finish the stairs next week. I'm sure we'll find some other mess to make after that!

      Delete
  3. LOVE Harper's invitations!!! Next year I am absolutely going to commission you to do Noodlebug's!!!!


    -Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as the birthday invite doesn't have twelve parts and resemble a wedding invitation, you have a shot at my saying yes LOL. Thanks for the sweet comment, Amy!

      Delete
  4. WAIT A TICK!!! Is that MY custom piece????????? If so, I LOVE it so far!
    eeeeeeeeek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YUP! It sure is. Now if I could just get my studio unburied from the carpet replacement hostile takeover, I could work on it some more!

      Delete
    2. You have my every remodeling sympathy...I just came back from that abyss last week! I'm STILL trying to find my way back to order and normal...whatever that is!

      Delete
  5. yay! happy art adventures is what I vote for. oh know...please don't show me the carpet mess...stu uttered the words "new carpet" for the bedroom...actually he wants to do the fake wood floor which sounds even more horrible. ewwwwwwww. love harper's invites, too cute. she is growing so big!!!!!

    c

    ReplyDelete