- I've been thinking about a retrospective post for the year. Who needs to wait all the way until the new year for a look back? Not me! Kind of ridiculous how much has happened this year and how much I've learned.
- My upstairs studio has awesome sunlight (see above), and I'm loving it.
- Also loving having my art stuff back at home. The downtown studio is great, but it's not practical for my work style/schedule.
- Thanks to my husband, I have a great appreciation for dimmers. I've always liked task lighting better than overhead lights, but tiptoeing around in the just barely on lights that I turned on in the wee hours this morning makes me appreciate all the dimmers hubby has installed all the more. Thanks, Doug!
- I've been having some great chats with my daughter lately and sharing some art time with her. I'm not the best at sharing my art space with a little person who "steals" supplies right from under my nose, but I'm working on it.
- I'm glad to be home after all my traveling this year. I figured out that I've been away from home for 55 days this year.
- I had some awesome chats with Amy Powers while at Art Is You Petaluma. I'm saving an especially enlightening one (well it was for me at least) for a later post.
- I'm putting in an extra day a week at the "real" job. :-/ is what I have to say about that. I'm still part time, so I should just be glad for that. (And I'm happy to help because they need it, but just sad to lose art time.)
- Finally starting to feel like we're getting settled in at home (we moved in three years ago September... how time flies). Now we just have a million loose ends to finish up before we tackle the next remodeling project.
- Hungry now.
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Well, I've been up since 4 AM which means that you're about to be treated to some early morning random ramblings.
Posted by Shelly at 2:33 AM