|Me at 40 years old with my craft-aster table.|
Turns out, I would have been wrong. It's a lot better than "old". Today is my fortieth birthday, so I thought I'd write a little post about how I'm feeling today.
At forty, I feel...
- Old(er), but it's a good feeling. I know myself a lot better now.
- More confident. I still don't have my confidence issues conquered, but they stay in the background more than they used to.
- Like I finally know what my "style" is. It involves a lot of grey and black horizontal stripes in case you were wondering.
- Prettier. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with the more confident thing above.
- More grateful.
- More creative.
- Loved by a wonderful circle of supportive family and friends.
- Lucky. So very lucky.