Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Look away! Look away!

Ok, perfectionists, you've been warned to look away.  Glue gun stencils... not for people with control issues.  Cindy Mayfield asked how the bird she spied in my journal in the last post was created.  I think I saw glue gun "stencils" first from Traci Bautista.  Easy enough to make, but I believe she sells the ones she makes on her website too if you'd rather do that.

Anyway... I was in a circle making mood this morning.  Hopefully you have a better glue gun than the sad little one I have.  I did these on parchment paper.  You could probably do them right on a cookie sheet.  Don't be mad if I'm wrong about that and you're scraping glue off of whatever you put it on. :)

Make shapes.  Let cool.  Peel off.  Use.
 Put on whatever you're going to decorate.
I used Dylusions spray ink.  I probably should buy more colors than the pink and orange I keep using over and over and over.
Voila!  I'm too impatient to wait for any kind of drying to happen.  I now have pink and orange fingers.  YAY!

6 comments:

  1. wow, totally cool. and I have that same little sad glue gun. LOL. thanks for showing that, I may have to go try it right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same glue gun, just blue! Ha! Hey my 6E sistah'. These are awesome!!!! Lis

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all....hooray for a blog post!!! So enjoying new posts from both you and Amy Powers. Second...what a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, love this! I've been hesitating making these stencils because I have an even smaller and sadder glue gun ;-) But now I really need to do this. Love the imperfect results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea! My mind is exploding with thoughts of using a hot glue gun to create different shapes, letters, etc. Thanks for sharing. (Also, shouldn't an artist always have colorful, stained hands?)

    ReplyDelete