Friday, August 30, 2013

Oh, You Poor Little Blog!

Poor Little Blog gets neglected while facebook and instagram (and work, work, work) get all the attention.  Poor little Blog.

My recent art stuff (which is minimal unfortunately) seems to only make it onto instagram because I've barely picked up my real camera lately.  Here's are a few shots that managed to make it though!

We managed to keep our tradition of chasing hot air balloons.  We have a great festival, and for one weekend there are hot air balloons all over town in the mornings and evenings.
 I got a wee bit annoyed with my husband though because our tradition is to jump out of bed and chase in our pajamas.  Ummm... he is showered and fully dressed.  We are not.  (insert eye roll here)

 Harper started kindergarten this year.  She's loving it so far.  We're all exhausted though!  Glad for a three day weekend.
 The week before school started, Harper was home with me for the week.  Lots of arts and crafts time (for her).
 I did sneak in some art time though!

3 comments:

  1. I know... there are too many places to hang out now! I forget where I am half the time now. Love the journal page & oh those balloons!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Next year he better go in his pjs!! That's just not fair!

    I could just put Harper in my pocket, she is So cute!! Kindergarten is pretty exhausting. It only gets more fun though!

    Love your journal page, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shelly,Thanks for your encouragement. It's nice to know that this is a struggle for other people too. No one I know in real life creates and so sometimes I feel like... AM I crazy here? Why am I the only one running around like a crazy lady??? But I've come to be really thankful for my job that actually pays, because if I had to make a living on my art we'd all starve. And I can do art when I want to. But having to make and make and make gets grueling. Anyway, BEAUTIFUL vacation pics. I'm jealous. i wanna go. xo, e

    ReplyDelete