Thursday, January 19, 2012

Moody Blues

Oh how I wish I knew why Blogger insists on turning my photos sideways.  Anyway...

After I made the painting above, my husband told me that when I'm moody, I make better paintings.  Well, in his defense, that's not exactly what he said.  He said that when I'm in a happy mood, I make happy, whimsical work.  And that when I'm frustrated or sad, I make more detailed, serious work.  Which is the work of mine that he likes for the most part.  (He has some good reason to say this, I suppose, because I was super cranky about something just before I made this painting.)

I'm a wee bit moody lately, which might explain why the painting I was showing you last time has now become the one below instead.  Mainly I just liked the size of the canvas, and I felt like continuing my sunflower series, but perhaps mood had something to do with it.  This is just the first layer, so I'll have to show you what it looks like after a few more sessions.

2 comments:

  1. i smiled when i read your post shel. shucks - we all get grumpy from time to time. it's the nature of things. it's good to paint in different moods because it helps us express different parts of who we are. i love your sunflower series!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen and I are champions at being grumble bums... love you xxx

    ReplyDelete