- I'm nervous but ridiculously excited.
- If you wish for something and then work really, really hard, it can happen.
- Ignoring your fears is really empowering but still scary.
- The idea of teaching and proclaiming "I AM AN ARTIST" has dredged up some "unfun" confidence and identity issues. Who am I to think that I am good enough to teach? Is my art any good? Who am I really? Am I artsy enough?
(Side Note about this one - I think this is normal and expected. I'm trying to take a huge leap that has taken me 20+ years to reach, so it's going to take me some more time to get adjusted.)
- I need to find my local artistic community.
- I want to find a better way to describe my artistic style. I don't think "fun and whimsical" is going to do it for me any more.
- I want to be able to accept that "fun and whimsical" is good enough - even if that's not how I want to describe my art to people who I don't think will "get it."
- I want to quit overthinking everything. (Obviously I'm having trouble with this one.)
- I have so many ideas for things I want to do that my head may just pop. Almost everything I look at gives me a new idea. (For example, just adding the line drawing image above makes me want to do some coloring of my line drawings using PhotoShop to play around with different color palettes.)
This is going to be a bumpy but exciting ride. Hang on!!!